Monday, November 21, 2011

Ben Stiegler

Hello Ben!  It certainly is remarkable, our parallel lives.  I met my wife Carolyn Glaser in the Jewish Singles Hiking Club as well.  My children are in a Korean immersion program in a public school in S.F., Claire Lilienthal, which has given me license to indulge in my favorite pastime, learning languages.  When my children were in preschool at Beth Sholom I started relearning Hebrew from my childhood.   I read an Israeli magazine, Laisha, cover to cover for a year until my Hebrew got good enough to read novels and histories -- a great time.  Then I switched to Korean for several years, and now I'm reading mostly in Russian (except for science books which I read in English) -- there's a large Russian population among the users of the JCC  I enjoy interacting with, and Russian literature is of course tremendous.  Being a librarian is a good match for someone whose interests are all over the map like me.  Nothing beats fatherhood, though!  I always admired and envied your technical insights and ability.  Take care, Sidney

No comments:

Post a Comment